Chicken and Leek Soup
Packed with tons of leeks, garlic and tender chicken. We LOVE this soup.
There is always something … Beautiful
SEE Salt believes that there is always something beautiful and delicious to create. Through our video recipes our goal is to create actionable, realistic, affordable, and beautiful recipes that inspire you to create experiences with food no matter what the occasion … especially when there is no occasion at all.
What You’ll Need
Prep it right, Time it right, WIN at the dinner table ;)
- 6 leeks chopped
- 6 large cloves of garlic chopped
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 4 chicken breasts cubed
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 4 tablespoons of corn starch
- pinch of cayenne
- sea salt and pepper
- Prep leeks your leeks by cutting off roots and dark green ends starting about 1/4 inch past where the light green turns to dark green. Slice and place in colander and run under water. Rinse very well. Leeks are very sandy.
- Chop 6 cloves of garlic.
- Turn stove top on to medium heat.
- Place 6 tablespoons of butter into a large pot. Lightly sautee prepped leeks and chopped garlic. Set some sauteed leeks aside for garnish.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth, sea salt and pepper and pinch of cayenne. Bring to a high simmer.
- Add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down and add 1 1/2 cups of cream.
- In a small bowl mix 3 tablespoons of cornstarch with enough cream or water to make a slurry mixture. Stir this into your soup to thicken.
- Garnish with sauteed leeks.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
CHICKEN AND LEEK SOUP
Your house will smell AMAZING when you make this delicious Chicken Leek Soup! Packed with tons of leeks, garlic and tender chicken. We LOVE this soup.
Shop This Recipe
SEE Salt believes that there is always something beautiful and delicious to create. Through our video recipes our goal is to create actionable, realistic, affordable, and beautiful recipes that inspire you to create experiences with food no matter what the occasion
Fleur De SelFrench sun and sea are captured in each delicate crystal of salt, which will melt on your tongue and enhance the flavors of your kitchen. Use it everyday on any food – sweet and savory alike! Light, delicate flakes of pure sea salt dissolve and blossom on your tongue.
Fleur De Sel TinThe perfect companion for any handbag! The take-along tin means that you can brighten your food wherever you go! Take it with you for that hot creamy latte, crisp fruits and veggies, or anything in between, no matter where or when!
We believe in bringing our recipes to you in short videos so you can see the steps in action. We hope you feel inspired watching.